I've been looking back at my Phase B proposal and I realized there were lots of things I wanted to do but failed to do.
For example, I wanted to be prepared every time I meet with the Whites, but I never really did that. Instead, every time we meet, Mr or Mrs White would ask questions about certain things, and we'd go from there. Sometimes, we would start by going over what we discussed the week before, go over them, and start with new things.
I think the project has been quite successful in some ways, even though it didn't turned out the way I planned it to be. For example, in my Phase B document, I wrote that I'd like to see Chuen have an easy transition into her new family. I'm happy to say that Chuen indeed has had a smooth transition into the family, although it wasn't really because of my help. Chuen picked up English a lot faster than her parents did with Mandarin Chinese. Nevertheless, I'm still really really happy that she's having a good time, and receiving the medical attention she needs.
Through the past six months, I've seen the changes in their family and it really warms my heart when I see them together :)
No comments:
Post a Comment